Sunday, June 19, 2011

June Story: A Glimpse of Paradise

This story has become a favorite of mine mainly because I get to say the phrase "Muhammad, may peace be upon him" three times in the story. I'm not sure why, but getting to say that phrase makes me happy.

At the beginning of this story, I mention the source of this tale being the Andrew Lang Fairy books (specifically the Orange Fairy book). If you are interested in faery tales of any kind, I suggest you start with these (there are 12 in the series), and the links I have provided allow you to read the stories online.

This story was recorded at Hurley's Irish Pub (Montreal, Quebec) in October of 2010 when I was asked to replace the mighty Mike Burns, who was suffering from the flu at that time.


A Glimpse of Paradise -- Told by JD Hickey (8:06 minutes)

0 comments:

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey