Monday, April 19, 2010

CBC's Wiretap: David, Goliath, and Superman

CBC Radio has a show called Wiretap with Jonathan Goldstein that I've been enjoying over the past year. Wiretap is a series of monologues written and performed by Montreal's own Jonathan Goldstein, as well as listening to bizarre telephone conversations he has with his friends and other invited guests.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I find it tremendously funny. I found myself bewildered in the first few episodes of Wiretap, unsure if this was for real or if it was comedy before I realized I was enjoying it.

Recently, the last couple of seasons have been but up on the site as downloadable MP3s, so I've been catching up on episodes I missed. There are two episodes that are exceptional that I'd like to share with you:

David and Goliath (22:24 minutes)


We Are Not Supermen (25:31 minutes)

0 comments:

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey