Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March story: Indra and the Blind Shaman

I've been a bit at a loss to know what to post for March, which is why this posting is so late. The recordings I have don't really suit this time of year and I've already posted the others. Of course, I have those two shows in April (April 2nd and April 3rd), so I should get more recordings for the months to come, but in the meantime...

I first heard this story from my friend Dylan, who tells it masterfully. I always liked this story, especially Indra's reaction to getting shot down. This story also allowed me to win third place in the KG Bardic in 2009, so I've grown quite fond of it.

This was recorded during the 92 Degrees of Love show in February 2010 at Cafe 92 Degrees, featuring Shayne Gryn on guitar. We had about 30 people in the audience.

News: This story was published on my new CD "The Bard's New Hat". Read more about it on my website.

Indra and the Blind Shaman (7:33 minutes)

2 comments:

Ted said...

Very nice tale, this. I don't always pop over here as soon as you post the next story, but I always regret waiting to hear it.

Thanks,

T

Gunilla said...

Great story! Great love story. Great "solution" of the problem.
Thanks for ALL of the stories you post here. I love listening to them and taking some and making them mine. Thanks!

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey