Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February Story: The Dark Princess

This story was told in the River's Edge church in NDG during a fundraiser we had put together for the Montreal Children's Hospital called Through a Child's Eyes. Unfortunately, the fundraiser was a flop because, although we advertised lots, we had an audience of 6 people.

But the storytelling itself was fantastic. It was video recorded and miked, so we got a DVD of the performance afterward as a keepsake.

So in honor of the upcoming holiday of Valentine's Day, I offer you this story told by Sarah A. Comrie (originally penned by Richard Kennedy). We hope you enjoy it.

News: This story was published on my new CD "The Bard's New Hat". Read more about it on my website.

The Dark Princess (15 minutes)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That. Was beautiful.

JD Hobbes said...

Gah. I should know not to listen to this at work. Now my cow-orkers are all wondering why my eyes are wondering.

This happens to me every. single. time. I listen to this story.

Unknown said...

Ask them to listen to the story - during their break, if need be. Many of them will be in the same place, and all of them will like it.

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm getting hooked. Sarah you are really really good. (sorry Dave, you rock too.)

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Very moving!!! And Hobbes, you're not the only one whose eyes have tears in them.

Etienne said...

Greetings,

Did you notice a 0% increase in your traffic? It must be because I have linked to your blagh from my blagh.

Yes indeed, the future is now.

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey