Monday, December 8, 2008

Yule Fair 2008: Winter Tales

On Sunday, we had about a dozen listeners for our presentation of Winter Tales at the Yule Fair in Montreal. It's always a pleasure to tell tales to such an appreciative audience and we heard lots of positive feedback about the show. This was the first show that Shayne and I performed together with Shayne on guitar and me talking lots.

It was also the first time I got to try my new microphone and laptop to record the show. I lowered the recording volume slightly so that the distortion wouldn't be such an issue, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. The show was an hour long and it took almost two hours to save it! I think the problem was that I saved it as an MP3 instead of a WAV file, which required the application to compress the audio to MP3 format before it could save it. More things to learn!

I felt pretty good about the performance and I'll be posting the best excerpts from it to the blog (hopefully) this week. If you like the stories, please give me some feedback and pass this blog along to your friends who can appreciate a good story.

0 comments:

 
Copyright© 2010 John David Hickey